Ramesh Marahatta, M.D.
Growing up, Dr. Ramesh Marahatta always wanted to help people who were suffering. He was inspired at a young age by the service and professionalism a doctor embodied which influenced him to pursue a career in medicine. Dr. Marahatta chose nephrology because it is a challenging medical issues that deals with the whole physiology of the body. Dr. Marahatta loves working at Nephrology Associates because of the camaraderie, the family feel to the team and the opportunity to help people with complex and often ongoing medical issues.
Dr. Marahatta focuses on the preventative aspect of nephrology and strives to help patients by listening carefully to find ways to improve their health. He takes the time to educate patients on the disorders so they understand the issue and feel empowered to take ownership of their health.
Originally from Nepal, Dr. Marahatta is married with three children, ages 11, 7 and 4. In his spare time, he enjoys playing soccer with friends, biking, being with family and hiking. He has also hiked the Annapurna Range trail and Gosainkunda (a lake) in Langtang National park.
- MD: Tribhuvan University, School of Medicine
- Residency: Weill Cornell Medical College, Wyckoff Heights Medical Center
- Fellowship: Louisiana State University, Department of Internal Medicine
- Board Certification: Internal Medicine, Nephrology
- Patient Care Emphasis: Hypertension, General Nephrology